Welcome to the website of Computer and Information Networks (COIN) laboratory at University of Terhan. The mission of COIN lab is to perform innovative research in Social Networks and Media Analisys.
We are trying to analyze large-scale data gathered from online social media and networks sites, aiming to study user behaviors in such platforms. In the first area, we are mainly focused on the roles of structural properties of a network (i.e., the topology of a social network as an underlying network) in the behavior of dynamical processes over them. On the other hand, with rapid growth of Web 2.0 technologies and social media, nowadays we have a huge volume of opinionated data recorded in digital forms such as online reviews, forum discussions, comments on blogs and social networks. Then, in the second area, we are trying to process the content of a media (e.g., a tweet on Twitter) with NLP (natural language processing) methods for opinion mining and sentiment analysis.
Oct 4, 2017
- Mr. Alireza Khosravani successfully defended his Msc thesis entitled "The effects of missing data in spreading processes over multilayer networks".
Sep 19, 2017
- Mr. Alireza Eshaghpoor successfully defended his Msc thesis entitled "Structural properties of sampled networks by Link Bootstrapping Sampling method ".
Sep 16, 2017
- Mr. Hooman Abasi successfully defended his Msc thesis entitled "Routing in Infrastrucure-based Opportunistic Networks for Using Smartphones ".
May 20, 2017
- Our paper, "Shortest Paths in Multiplex Networks" has been accepted to the journal of Scientific Reports.
March 1, 2017
- Our paper, "NetSpam: a Network-based Spam Detection Framework for Reviews in Online Social Media" has been accepted to the journal of IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics & Security (TIFS).