Welcome to the website of Computer and Information Networks (COIN) laboratory at University of Terhan. The mission of COIN lab is to perform innovative research in Social Networks and Media Analisys.
We are trying to analyze large-scale data gathered from online social media and networks sites, aiming to study user behaviors in such platforms. In the first area, we are mainly focused on the roles of structural properties of a network (i.e., the topology of a social network as an underlying network) in the behavior of dynamical processes over them. On the other hand, with rapid growth of Web 2.0 technologies and social media, nowadays we have a huge volume of opinionated data recorded in digital forms such as online reviews, forum discussions, comments on blogs and social networks. Then, in the second area, we are trying to process the content of a media (e.g., a tweet on Twitter) with NLP (natural language processing) methods for opinion mining and sentiment analysis.
June 17, 2018
- Our paper, "A Fuzzy Logic based Estimator for Respondent Driven Sampling of Complex Networks" has been accepted in Physica A journal.
June 1, 2018
- Our paper, "Information Spread and Topic Diffusion in Heterogeneous Information Networks" has been accepted in the journal of Scientific Reports.
Jan 17, 2018
- Our paper, "Modeling Information Diffusion in Bibliographic Multilayer Networks" has been accepted in Tabriz Journal of Electrical Engineering.
April 1, 2018
- Our paper, "A novel method for overlapping community detection using Multi-objective optimization" has been accepted in Physica A journal.
Feb 19, 2018
- Mr. Davood Heydarpour successfully defended his Msc thesis entitled "Morphological Analyzer for non-formal Persian Words".
Feb 19, 2018
- Ms. Elham Sebt. successfully defended her Msc thesis entitled "Morphological Analyzer for Persia".