Welcome to the website of Computer and Information Networks (COIN) laboratory at University of Terhan. The mission of COIN lab is to perform innovative research in Social Networks and Media Analisys.
We are trying to analyze large-scale data gathered from online social media and networks sites, aiming to study user behaviors in such platforms. In the first area, we are mainly focused on the roles of structural properties of a network (i.e., the topology of a social network as an underlying network) in the behavior of dynamical processes over them. On the other hand, with rapid growth of Web 2.0 technologies and social media, nowadays we have a huge volume of opinionated data recorded in digital forms such as online reviews, forum discussions, comments on blogs and social networks. Then, in the second area, we are trying to process the content of a media (e.g., a tweet on Twitter) with NLP (natural language processing) methods for opinion mining and sentiment analysis.
ِِِِِِDec 17, 2018
- Our paper, "HRSON: Home-based Routing for Smartphones in Opportunistic Networks" has been accepted in 9th International Symposium on Telecommunications (IST'2018) .
Nov 2, 2018
- Our paper, "Care to Share?: An Empirical Analysis of Capacity Enhancement by Sharing at the Edge" has been accepted in Proceedings of the 2018 on Technologies for the Wireless Edge Workshop.
Oct 8, 2018
Our paper, "QANet: Tensor Decomposition Approach for Query-based Anomaly Detection in Heterogeneous Information Networks " has been accepted in IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering journal.
Oct 5, 2018
- Mr. Hasan Alizade successfully defended his Msc thesis entitled "Optimize Task Scheduling and Locate File Tasks in the fog Computing".
Sep 17, 2018
- Mr. Vahid Masoumi successfully defended his Msc thesis entitled "Corpus Creation for Informal to Formal Persian Language: A Crowdsourced Approach".
July 28, 2018
- Our paper, "A generalized force-directed layout for multiplex sociograms" has been accepted in Socinfo2018 coference.
June 17, 2018
- Our paper, "A Fuzzy Logic based Estimator for Respondent Driven Sampling of Complex Networks" has been accepted in Physica A journal.
June 1, 2018
- Our paper, "Information Spread and Topic Diffusion in Heterogeneous Information Networks" has been accepted in the journal of Scientific Reports.
Jan 17, 2018
- Our paper, "Modeling Information Diffusion in Bibliographic Multilayer Networks" has been accepted in Tabriz Journal of Electrical Engineering.