Welcome to the website of Computer and Information Networks (COIN) laboratory at University of Terhan. The mission of COIN lab is to perform innovative research in Social Networks and Media Analisys.
We are trying to analyze large-scale data gathered from online social media and networks sites, aiming to study user behaviors in such platforms. In the first area, we are mainly focused on the roles of structural properties of a network (i.e., the topology of a social network as an underlying network) in the behavior of dynamical processes over them. On the other hand, with rapid growth of Web 2.0 technologies and social media, nowadays we have a huge volume of opinionated data recorded in digital forms such as online reviews, forum discussions, comments on blogs and social networks. Then, in the second area, we are trying to process the content of a media (e.g., a tweet on Twitter) with NLP (natural language processing) methods for opinion mining and sentiment analysis.
َAugust 11, 2019
- Dr. Mostafa Salehi has been promoted to the rank of Associate Professor.
July 02, 2019
- Our paper, "Evaluation of Unsupervised and Semi-supervised Learning of Persian Morphology using a Bayesian Estimation Algorithm" has been accepted in Proc. Fifth National Conference on Computational Linguistics.
July 02, 2019
- Our paper, "Covering Out-of-Vocabulary Words of Informal Persian" has been accepted in Proc. Fifth National Conference on Computational Linguistics.
Jun 01, 2019
- Our paper, "Modeling Information Diffusion in Bibliographic Multilayer Networks" has been accepted in Tabriz Journal of Electrical Engineering (TJEE).
May 25, 2019
- Our paper, "Link prediction in multiplex networks based on interlayer similarity" has been accepted in Physica A journal.
May 01, 2019
- Our paper, "TSS: Temporal similarity search measure for heterogeneous information networks" has been accepted in Physica A journal.