Welcome to the website of Computer and Information Networks (COIN) laboratory at University of Tehran. The mission of COIN lab is to perform innovative research in Network Science. We are trying to analyze large-scale data gathered from online social media and networks sites, aiming to study user behaviors in such platforms. In the first area, we are mainly focused on the roles of structural properties of a network (i.e., the topology of a social network as an underlying network) in the behavior of dynamical processes over them. On the other hand, with rapid growth of Web 2.0 technologies and social media, nowadays we have a huge volume of opinionated data recorded in digital forms such as online reviews, forum discussions, comments on blogs and social networks. Then, in the second area, we are trying to process the content of a media (e.g., a tweet on Twitter) with NLP (natural language processing) methods for opinion mining and sentiment analysis.
October 04, 2023
- Our paper, "MidGAN: Mutual information in GAN-based dialogue models" has been accepted in Journal of Applied Soft Computing.
September 19, 2023
- Mr Arash Beheshtian successfully defended his Msc thesis entitled "Analysis and Modeling of Soccer Matches Based on Multilayer Networks".
September 18, 2023
- Mr Amir Hossein Mohammadpour successfully defended his Msc thesis entitled "Semantic Role Labeling for Persian using Pre-trained Language Models".
September 12, 2023
- Mr Ali Sardarian successfully defended his Msc thesis entitled "Player Behavior Modeling in Online Games Based on Heterogeneous Networks".
July 06, 2023
- Our paper, "Early development of the functional brain network in newborns" has been accepted in journal of Brain Structure and Function.
June 30, 2023
- Our paper, "CMPN: Modeling and analysis of soccer teams using Complex Multiplex Passing Network" has been accepted in the journal of Chaos, Solitons & Fractals.