Welcome to the website of Computer and Information Networks (COIN) laboratory at University of Tehran. The mission of COIN lab is to perform innovative research in Network Science. We are trying to analyze large-scale data gathered from online social media and networks sites, aiming to study user behaviors in such platforms. In the first area, we are mainly focused on the roles of structural properties of a network (i.e., the topology of a social network as an underlying network) in the behavior of dynamical processes over them. On the other hand, with rapid growth of Web 2.0 technologies and social media, nowadays we have a huge volume of opinionated data recorded in digital forms such as online reviews, forum discussions, comments on blogs and social networks. Then, in the second area, we are trying to process the content of a media (e.g., a tweet on Twitter) with NLP (natural language processing) methods for opinion mining and sentiment analysis.
July 06, 2023
- Our paper, "Early development of the functional brain network in newborns" has been accepted in journal of Brain Structure and Function.
June 30, 2023
- Our paper, "CMPN: Modeling and analysis of soccer teams using Complex Multiplex Passing Network" has been accepted in the journal of Chaos, Solitons & Fractals.
February 15, 2023
- Mr Saeed Pirozfard successfully defended his Msc thesis entitled "Link Prediction using Graph Auto-Encoders in Multilayer Networks".
February 14, 2023
- Ms Atefeh Rashidi successfully defended her Msc thesis entitled "Spam Detection in Social Media Using Generative Adversarial Networks".
January 30, 2023
- Ms Mohanna Hoveida successfully defended her Msc thesis entitled "Network Science-based Semantic Representation Analysis".
July 23, 2022
- Ms Razieh Chaleh Chaleh successfully defended her Msc thesis entitled "Automatic Fake News Detection in Social Media".